Renting Catering Equipment
What You Need to Know About Renting Wedding Party Equipment
When you’re throwing a wedding reception of any shape or size, party rental companies can be your best friend. Chances are that you don’t have the tables, chairs, or catering equipment necessary for all your guests, so you’ll need to rent them.
Here’s what you need to know before renting items from an event rental company for your wedding.
• Check out their reputation. Look at any potential wedding rental companies’ status with the American Rental Association (ARA) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB.) Talk to friends and if nothing else, Google the company name to see what comes up. Any extremely dissatisfied customer has probably vented online somewhere.
• Know what you want. Are you looking for catering items like plates and silverware? Buffet warming trays? Tables and chairs? Tablecloths and linen napkins? Tents for an outdoor reception? Décor items? Find one company that offers what you need so you’re not dealing with multiple rental companies on the big day.
• Browse their inventory first. If possible, take a look at the items to see if they meet your standards rather than taking the company’s word for it. Online party rental services will often send you samples of linens if you request them.
• Ask lots of questions. Know more than just the price of the items you’re renting. Where and when will the items be delivered? How much is the deposit and when is the balance due? When must the items be returned? Are there late fees? What if something gets lost or damaged? Who is responsible for washing dishes and laundering linens after they are used?
• Draw up a rental contract. Make sure to have all the information above spelled out in a written rental contract that is signed by both you and the rental company. A contract guarantees the absence of surprise fees and if anything goes wrong, you’ll have a legally binding contract to fall back on for recourse.
Even if your caterer or reception venue will provide tables, chairs, décor, food service items, or even a sound system, it may not be a bad idea to price those same items from a wedding rental company to see how they match up. You could use the difference in price as a bargaining chip to drive your caterer’s price lower, or you could opt to rent the supplies on your own rather than use those provided for you.
Finding a reputable event supply company for your wedding reception needs is so important. Ask lots of questions and if you’re on the fence about who to choose, pick the most reliable company. With all that’s going on during your wedding day, the last thing you want is someone who doesn’t deliver what they’ve promised.
♥ Jenny Evans
Exclusively for WeddingLDS.info
Copyright © 2010 WeddingLDS.info. All rights reserved.