Wedding Service Professionals for LDS Receptions
Some LDS brides and grooms hire a professional wedding photographer and rent a reception hall with professional catering and DJ services for their special day; others let family and friends handle the pictures and serve homemade food at a wedding reception in their backyard or at a local LDS chapel. Which way is best for you depends on your circumstances, preferences, and of course your budget.
Hiring Professionals for Your LDS Reception:
Pros and Cons
First, let’s take a look at the reasons why people hire professionals – and why they sometimes choose not to. Many people like professional wedding services because they:
- Come with lots of experience. Professionals have done this hundreds of times, so they know from experience what works for weddings, what doesn’t, and what to do in case of an emergency.
- Offer beautiful facilities and top-notch quality. Professionally-done wedding cakes are generally far more elaborate than anything that could be done at home, professional wedding photographers have access to first-rate camera equipment, and wedding reception halls decorated to the nines are breathtaking.
- Eliminate lots of worry for the bride and groom and their wedding party on the wedding day. A professional’s job is to communicate with the wedding couple ahead of time and make sure the day goes ahead seamlessly. The bride doesn’t need to worry about every little detail when a professional is handling it.
- Decrease the workload for family and friends. Generous family and friends might help out with a DIY wedding, but it means a lot of work for them. With professionals handling the wedding day, family and friends can sit back and enjoy it rather than setting up, serving food, taking pictures, and cleaning up afterward.
However, some brides and grooms don’t use professionals for some aspects of their wedding. There are many reasons for this, including:
- Cost of hiring a professional. When it comes to wedding services, they can be extremely pricey. Budgetary constraints are the number one reason for a DIY wedding.
- Hidden expenses in professional wedding services. Brides must read their wedding service provider’s contract carefully to make sure they don’t get surprised by unexpected fees and charges.
- Limited selection of wedding service providers to choose from in certain areas. Brides who live in a more rural area may face challenges in finding professional venues and providers for their wedding.
- Need to book far in advance. Couples with engagements lasting less than a year may find that many wedding professionals and reception halls are already unavailable for their wedding date. Weddings are planned so far in advance now that wedding services get booked up quickly.
How to Choose Wedding Reception Services
When it comes to your wedding services, you need to consider your wedding budget, wedding theme (formal or casual,) and personal circumstances. Remember that wedding services are a la carte, so if you are on a tight budget it’s okay to hire professionals for some aspects of the wedding day and handle others yourself. The bottom line is that your wedding is about you, so make sure you’ll be happy with your decision after the fact.
♥ Jenny Evans
Exclusively for WeddingLDS.info
Copyright © 2010 WeddingLDS.info. All rights reserved.